RE Classroom Logistics
On Your Teaching Day
- Please come 15 minutes early. Read previous week's Sunday School Report.
- Pick up attendance folder in DRE office; let DRE know you are here.
- Snacks and juice are available in downstairs refrigerator and snack bin.
- Take attendance
- Dismiss class at 11:45 a.m.; nursery parents pick up their children by 11:45 a.m.
* Bell will ring at 11:45 to announce dismissal time to upstairs and downstairs
- After class, fill out Sunday School Report.
- Return attendance folder to DRE office.
- Begin each class with consistent ritual, agreed upon by team.
- Decorate and organize the room to your liking.
- Please leave the room neat and ready for use next time.
- Use behavior guidelines to set appropriate behavior, refer to guidelines as needed.
- You have a right to expect respectful behavior from children in your class, if there are behavior problems, let DRE know.
- You do not have to know all the answers! Discussion and wondering are very appropriate!
- Chaos happens - understand the level of chaos you are comfortable with as long as the children are safe and engaged.
- Feel free to use the supplies we have, and let the DRE know when we run out of items or we are running low.
- Many books relevant to this years curriculum are available in the DRE office. Other books are available in the Coots Library. All books must be signed out.
- If you would like supplies or books we don’t have, let the DRE know two weeks in advance and she will try to get it. With approval, you may purchase it yourself and submit your receipt for reimbursement.
- If you are unable to come on a scheduled teaching day, please first try to trade your teaching date with a team member. If you are unable to switch, as a final resort, call the DRE. Please let the DRE know of any changes.
- Please arrive by 10:15am.
- Pick up the Nursery Sunday Folder from DRE office and let DRE know you are here.
- As children arrive, welcome and confirm that they are registered and have a Nursery Checklist filled out. (Note: Chart on bulletin board lists each child and if they have necessary forms.)
- Registration and checklist forms are in 3-ring binder in cupboard, with alphabetical listing of children by last name.
- Get any specific instructions from parent before they go, and find out where they plan to sit in the sanctuary.
- Mark attendance in Sunday Folder.
- Check registration and nursery checklist for each child present for information re: food preferences, allergies, bathroom, etc.
- Know your children each Sunday!
- Enjoy and engage with the children.
- Make sure there is a childcare provider in the nursery at all times.
- Review evacuation map and outside meeting location posted on bulletin board in case of an emergency evacuation.
- Teenage childcare providers are paid, and can sign in in Sunday folder. Two hours are standard for each Sunday worked.
- Parents are asked to pick up their children by 11:45am.
- There are notebook pages in the Sunday Folder for any notes you would like to make about the day, either for next Sunday’s childcare providers or the DRE.
- Please straighten up the nursery and put all items and toys back in their labeled bins.